Store Manager Job Description
Location: The Fragrance Shop, Scarborough, Unit 2,The Brunswick Centre, YO11 1UE
Hours: 40 per week
Basis: 40 hours over 5 days inc saturday.
Reporting To: Miranda Stafford – Area Manager
About The Fragrance Shop Established in 1994, The Fragrance Shop is known for its passionate and innovative nature within the fragrance industry, and we are the UK’s largest, independent fragrance retailer. Our aim is to create mainstream and luxury fragrance, which is affordable and accessible for all, and we showcase over 130 luxury Fragrance brands in our stores 200+ nationwide and online! The Fragrance Shop are on the lookout for a passionate, ambitious and experienced Store Manager to join our company!
Role Overview Responsible for total store results, the Store Manager role is to take ownership of the stores’ performance in relation to profitability, and overall customer satisfaction. With a main focus on improving and maintaining an outstanding customer service, you will also communicate with a motivational leadership style as you will be accountable for coaching, educating and inspiring a team of consultants and Assistant Manager who will run the store as your deputy. In addition, you will also maintain operational procedures for a smooth and consistent day to day running.
- Lead and motivate store team to achieve store sales targets and KPI’s.
- Develop plans and local initiatives to improve the store’s performance and contribution to the overall company results.
- Manage a team of consultants by training, coaching, delegating and empowering them to provide excellent customer service in a welcoming environment.
- Take a lead role in resolving complex customer queries.
- Ensure the highest level of product knowledge is attained and demonstrated in the store team.
- Communicate effectively with Area Manager and/or Head Office and cascade to the store, acting as a link in the chain of communication.
- Ensure that all products are presented/displayed to their best advantage, following guidelines.
- Actively promote the company and the store in the local shopping centre.
- Ensure that all products are correctly coded, priced and correct POS is used at all times.
- Establish efficient operating standards to ensure that all operating costs are kept within budget and that shrinkage is kept to a minimum. Version March 2020
- Be accountable for implementing legislation regarding security and Health and Safety.
- Maintain standards of discipline, rules and regulations in regards to recruitment, training, performance reviews, grievances and disciplinary procedures.
- Ability and eagerness to learn by studying relevant training materials, and to share expertise within the team.
- Play an integral role in ensuring the store is plentiful with stock levels, and also to maintain commerciality in line with company procedures.
- Awareness of analysing and interpreting data, to facilitate planning and future forecasting for sales.
- Carry out any reasonable tasks as requested by Area Manager or Regional Director.
- All the above to be carried out in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent.
- Business related qualification.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a management role.
- Working with store KPI’s and towards store targets
- Visual merchandising and commercial awareness to impact business knowledge.
- Flexibility to include evenings and weekends.
- Customer service focused
- Adaptable with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Competitive rate of pay
- Merchandise discount
- Exciting store incentives
- Training and development programmes
- Progression pathways
- Company roadshows and yearly conference.
**Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are regrettably not able to respond to every one. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of your application please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £22,000.00 per year
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- The Brunswick Centre, YO11 1UE: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Please apply with your CV direct too firstname.lastname@example.org with the job specification you are applying for.